After going through depression, it is not easy for us to go back to track. We will definitely start to lose passion in things that we are doing, we tend to isolate ourself more often, we afraid if something will trigger our anxiety emotion and many more. stop thinking too much Here are few steps that I did to overcome it.
1) we need to unload all our worries and problems by sharing it to trust ones or counsellor. Through sharing, somehow it ease the pain in us. At this state, we are not on the right mind to think what is right and wrong to do, act or move. Maybe by sharing, the other parties could advise us on the right thing to do? We wouldn’t know.
2) everytime when that worries come. Try to write it down on a paper. Usually it will comes in a questions. Your mind will start asking you all sort of questions that sometimes doesn’t make sense. So just write it down. From there we can recognise the worries and try to overcome it step at a time.
3) stop thinking too much. Don’t let the mind set the thoughts. We should control the thoughts. By letting the thoughts to control your mind, it will surely leads you to worries, stress and make u sad or anxious.
4) Have faith and pray to the lord. I, myself not that religious at the first place to tell u on this but somehow it helps. I believe in whatever religion you are, by hurting yourself will just make you more sinner and that’s not the way out to every problem we have. God have planned our route well. He tested us because he knew we can handle it and to widens up our minds to life experiences and go through it in faith. There will definitely be a happiness at the end of the of the route.
5)don’t isolate yourself. Go for a walk at a park, go for trekking, walk the dog out or whatever that can make you to enjoy the scenery and appreciate the nature. Scientifically proven by go to nature area like park, jungle, hill and many more it helps to freshen our minds and release our problems.
6) lastly, through this period you may know who are your true friends. Who will come to you and show that they cares for you, they treasure your friendship. it is the time for you to cut loose the relationship with the one that you thought ur ‘bestfriend’ but never once they ask you about your wellbeing or what so ever. I totally understand maybe they busy but come on if let say you post it on the Facebook that you are under depression, can’t they at least take a few minutes just to show compassion and emphaty. If they really understand your situation I think they don’t mind to hear you out and help you as much as they can to lessen your worries or troubles. This is through my experience lately. Lol.
I hope it is helpful to those who are having depression and lost on what to do. Remember by hurting yourself you will only hurts others who cares for you.
There’s once a person told me. Respect yourself first, show that you love yourself from there people will come to you and appreciate you.